In Angel, anywhere where you can add text, whether that is the discussion forum, adding a new page, or providing feedback to students on an assignment, you have access to the formatting bar. This bar contains a button to insert or edit a macro (see screen shot below). So let’s say you find yourself always repeating several sentences to students in your assignment feedback area, the discussion forum, or anywhere else where there is verbal repetition. You can simply create a macro and whenever you need it, insert it inside a text window. There is even an option to share this macro in other courses, and with other users of Angel.
- Go into a text area, for example, the settings for a dropbox.
- Click the Insert/Edit Macro button
- Click on the, “New Macro” tab in the pop-up window.
- Enter a name, the text that you will be re-using, and create a category (click the button to the right of the category to create a new category) if you will be using this a lot.
- Then click Save.
- Whenever you wish to use the macro you created, click on the macro button in the formatting bar, select the macro you wish to use, and click OK. Below is an example Macro.